This is an old revision of the document!
Table of Contents
Summer Quarter Announcements 2018
We have begun installing CUDA 9.0 on ICS hosts with graphics cards. Please send mail to email@example.com to request an upgrade.
Python Default Version: 3.6.1
Default version of has been updated to Python 3.6.1.
Note: The binary is called `python3`. The pip utility binary is called `pip3`.
Please use the `module` command to add python3 to your environment. e.g. `module load python`.
Managed Computing with Full Sudo Privilege
ICS Computing Support now offers managed computing with FULL Sudo privilege. See supported OS page for more information or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Managed means that ICS Computing Suport will:
- Provision the operating system
- Provide constant configuration via pupet
- Provide Single Sign-on
- Ensure NFS Access to ICS Storage Servers, home and extra directories, and the Software Library (/pkg).
- ICS /home /extra directories are snap shotted daily and backed up to tape monthly.
- Package installs from trusted OS repositories.
- Compile new software to install in Software Library
- Limited Sudo for limited number of designated users.
- Any compute role (e.g. MySQL, Apache, MongoDB, Cycle Server)
- Service configuration
- Service and resource Monitoring
Managed with Sudo
Managed with Sudo will include everything from Managed with the following changes:
- Full Sudo
- ICS Storage Servers, home and extra directories, are only available via FUSE.
- There are no snapshots or backups, user must backup data to ICS Storage Servers.
- Docker is available.
FOSS Tool Recomendations
Recommended tools, free and open source. Let us know if you have more suggestions.