Table of Contents
Laptop Checkout Policy
Students in an ICS major and in good academic standing may check out a laptop device to use for academic purposes. Laptops will be loaned on a first-come first-served basis. The loan term will be two weeks with one device per student maximum. This loan period may be extended if requested by the student and considering availability.
Our current laptop inventory includes MacBook Air, ThinkPad, and soon Dell devices:
- MacBook Air (13-inch mid 2012)
- Lenovo ThinkPad E460 (14-inch)
- Dell Latitude E7440
- Dell Latitude 7410
Shipping and Delivery during Covid lockdown
Laptops will be assigned as they become available. Students will receive notifications, including shipping updates, via email. All loaned laptops will be shipped via FedEx. Students must provide a valid US address for safe shipping and delivery.
Laptops returned past the due date will incur a $10 fee for each day the computer is late, up to one week. If the laptop is not returned by seven days past the due date, the value of the device will be added to the student's UCI student Zot Account in the Registrar’s Office.
If the laptop sustains any damage during the loan period, the student will be responsible for the cost of repair or full replacement.
Laptop reservations can be made at:
To request a system:
- Log in with your ICS credentials.
- Click on Reserve a System.
- Enter your US mailing address in the box provided. Please double check it to ensure it is correct.
- Read and accept the loan policy.
- Select one device to check out and click on Create.
- You will receive a confirmation message, after which you can log out and wait for further directions via email.