This is an old revision of the document!
Table of Contents
ICS Maintenance September 21, 2016
We will be making multiple potentially disruptive changes to ICS systems on this day.
- Impacting: SPF Email Implimentation, see below. (RT Ticket #59623)
- Impacting: Openlab CentOS7 Update and new SGE queue
- Cisco Network Firmware Update.
- Operating System Patches for all hosts begins 9/18.
- Libya UPS Maual Reconditioning in critical rack A05. (RT Ticket #59847)
- Move Brenhall Screen Content to Tier 1 File Server (RT Ticket #59959)
- Software Updates (default version will be set to the latest instaleld)
- Virtual Box
After this change, email that does not originate on a mail server that is identified in the ICS SPF record may be rejected or tagged as spam at the destination. See email settings for more important information about how this affects uesrs at ICS.
Openlab CentOS7 Update and Patch
All Openlab Linux Hosts will be updated to the lastest version of CentOS7 Version and rebooted. Openlab hosts running CentOS6 will be reinstalled with the latest version of CentOS7.
You may experience the openlab CentOS7 environment now by logging into openlab7.ics.uci.edu.
Operating System Patches
Lates patches will be applied to all CentOS5, CentOS6 and CentOS7 hosts. Hosts will not be rebooted.
Virtual Box Update
All ICS systems with Virtual Box currently installed will be updated to the latest available. Any running Virtual Box instances will be shutdown.
Openlab Upgrade to CentOS7
All ICS Openlab hosts will be upgraded to CentOS7 for the Fall Quarter 2016. Faculty may test out this new environment today by logging into openlab7.ics.uci.edu.
Samba 4 Deployment
The Samba 4 servers will be deployed in place of the Samba 3 servers. It is important that anyone who has their files opened through the Samba server should close any file connections opened on the desktop as the samba connection will be dropped.