This is an old revision of the document!
Table of Contents
Bren School Computing Support
Supporting the Instructional, Research, and Administrative Missions of the Bren School of Information and Computer Science.
- Location: Information and Computer Science Bldg. 302 Suite 346 Irvine Ca, 92697-3425
- Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 12 pm, 1 pm to 5 pm (excluding University holidays)
- Phone: 949-824-4222
Computing Support operates a Helpdesk to ensure that requests are tracked and completed in a timely manner. The Helpdesk should be consulted with problems regarding ICS accounts, accessing Bren School ICS systems, supplied/supported software, and when planning to purchase new systems. For more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connecting to your Windows Desktop @ ICS remotely or from home.
Forgotten ICS Password
- Your ICS username is the same as your UCInetid.
- If you need to reset your ICS account password, go to https://support.ics.uci.edu/password.
- Read the password rules, then scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Answer either your secret question or request a password reset link, which will be valid for 60 minutes.
- If you need additional help, email email@example.com with your information, a description of the problem, and/or relevant screenshots.
Contacting ICS Computing Support Helpdesk
The ICS Computing Support Group should be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and by phone at (949) 824-4222. Both the Helpdesk email and phone are monitored around the clock. Using these contact methods helps us provide a quicker response to trouble tickets and requests.
For ICS-planned maintenance, check our calendar:
Please note: If you believe that there is a problem with email delivery or that an email message to Helpdesk may not be processed by the ICS email servers, please call (949) 824-4222.
Deliveries that are going to the ICS Computing Support group should be shipped to the following address:
__Your Name__ c/o Computing Support Group Information and Computer Science I Building 302 Suite 346 Irvine, Ca 92697-3425
COVID Mailing Address
UNIVERSITY CA IRVINE __Your Name__ c/o Computing Support Group 19182 JAMBOREE RD ICS COMPUTING SUPPORT DEPT IRVINE, CA 92612-2501
Medium to Large Deliveries (i.e. pallets, carrier deliveries)
Medium to Larger deliveries will need to be delivered to the Engineering Tower Loading Dock and scheduled with the computing support group one day prior. Scheduling the delivery allows us to ensure that someone is available to accept the delivery and transport it to the data center. Carriers may not be able to complete unscheduled deliveries.
When making large purchases that may need to be delivered via the loading dock, please provide special directions for the carrier.
Directions to the Engineering Tower loading docks
- The loading docks are attached to Engineering Tower (Building 303 in quadrant 6E on the Campus Map.)
- Closest cross streets are Peltason Drive and Engineering Service Road.
- Loading docks are at the end of Engineering Service Road.
- Google Map Entry for the Engeering Tower
- Google Map GPS Coordinates: 33.6445945,-117.8406228,19.96z
Recent ICS Incidents and Outages
Resolved: SGE Master Service is back online. Queued jobs must be resubmitted.